Friday, April 29, 2005

Why I'm Here

I've been contemplating starting a blog for several weeks now. After intense searching on the web for other blogs or information relating to life after a liver transplant (and not finding much), I decided that it was high time that someone did something about that.

There really isn't much out there, especially for someone my age. I want to know how people who are still trying to figure out who they are handled such a life-altering experience. This blog won't show anyone how they are supposed to live after a transplant, but just how I try to reconcile what has happened to me and who I am; who I am as an American, as a daughter, as a wife, and, most importantly, a child of God.

Right now, I feel like I could sit here all night and write post after post about certain things that I have been seriously pondering since my transplant, but I won't do that. Not only would it be physically draining, but it would wipe me out emotionally, as well. I also don't know how much sense they would make because I have not sat down and really formulated my thoughts in my head. I am hoping that this blog will force me to do that: formulate my thoughts, write them out, and through that process, gain some peace about what has happened to me and maybe even help another young (or not-so-young) person out there who is also facing a transplant.

So, please, comment away, but bear with me. I am going to be as honest as I possibly can about the positives and negatives of the transplant process itself and about the physical and emotional ups and downs that come along with it.

3 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
I read your first post and look forward to reading more. Having been in contact you before, during, and after the transplant, I feel I have been right there with you but also know that you probably had many thoughts and feelings that couldn't be shared and expressed. I am so proud to know you and look forward to more reading. Linda H. :)

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Your decision to share your transplant journey is commendable..Who else could encourage others as well as you..

Peck

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi A...

Thanks for blogging...can you contribute a little for Chipper from time to time? I know he's got stuff to say about living with a master transplant....I pray that God reaches other t prospects and recipients with the wisdom and comfort that you desire to share.

blessings
chuck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home