Friday, June 17, 2005

Things You Don't Know About Me

I'm gonna lighten the mood a little since yesterday's post made me pretty emotional. So, here is a list of things that you probably didn't know about me (unless you know me really, really well).

1. I loathed biology in high school (funny how I turned into a biologist)
2. I'll try anything once (well, almost)
3. I've done a tandum (sp?) skydive at 13,000 ft.
4. I want to learn to solo sky dive
5. I have a half-brother who is more than 10 years older than me
6. I have two nieces and one nephew
7. I love flowers.....flower garden flowers. I want to have one of those spectacular flower gardens like you find in Home and Garden magazine.
8. I'm terrible at growing flowers.
9. When I graduated from college my plans were to become a pediatrician
10. I was a geek in middle school. Really, I was.
11. I got in trouble in 7th grade by my history teacher for reading Danielle Steele novels....and that wasn't during class time.
12. I am not a cat person...not by the farthest stretch of the imagination would I ever own a cat.
13. I'm afraid of slugs.
14. I have a scar on my neck from where I was a little girl and ran into an electrical barbed-wire fence. The barb caught me and the electricity wouldn't let me go. One cousin couldn't pull me off. The other, older cousin pulled me off, but not before the electricity really knocked him a good one, too.
15. My biggest pet peeve is restaurants that are not set up advantagously to non-smokers. A non-smoker should never have to walk through the smoking section to get to the bathroom or to get to the non-smoking section. It defeats the purpose of having a non-smoking section to begin with.
16. I eat peanut butter on a lot of stuff. I love PB on pancakes and waffles with hot syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar.
17. I can't watch the anti-fungal foot commercial with the little green cartoon-fungi that burrows under the cartoon toe nail. It makes me sick to my stomach.
18. I lived in the same house my entire childhood. My parents still live there.

I guess that's enough for now. Maybe I'll do this again later on.

9 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Great idea. Maybe I'll give it a try on my blog some day . . . as an homage to you of course.

Peace,
Matt

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

Amanda,

I never stopped being a geek, unfortunately I want to stop.

No way, no how, will I have ever have a cat.

I not afraid of slugs but I like putting salt on them. Sadistic, I know...

I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches, especially with the bread toasted. I also mix honey and peanut butter into my oatmeal. A large spoon of PB really adds to the oatmeal taste and protein too!

Just curious, you didn't mention a tatoo. Me never, don't like pain.

Tony

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Matt,

Yeah. You should try it. It's kinda fun. :o)

Tony,

I actually went around on our front porch last night and in my garden salting slugs. I shudder thinking about it, but they are KILLING my entire flower garden.

I really like PB and honey, too. There is nothing better than hot, melty PB. I love to make toast and put PB on it and put cinnamon sugar on it. I've never tried PB in oatmeal, though...I'll have to do that sometime.

And I didn't mention a tatoo because my doc won't let me get one. I dunno...something about contracting hep C....sheesh. :oP I used to want a small tatoo. I actually wanted on on my ankle (or foot) that said in either Hebrew or Greek "the feet of Jesus." Kinda corny, but it would be a constant reminder....

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

"Kinda corny"...good pun...even if it wasn't intentional.

Tony

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

haha

unintentional for sure!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I can't watch the toenail commercial either...so gross!!!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Is it just me, or is the unpacking mucous commercial just as bad/disgusting as the toenail fungus commercial? But I'm with you, sister! If I can't watch it, I don't think it's an effective commercial!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Ewww! Yes, the mucous commercial is just as disgusting! Yuck!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Eeeeeew!!!

You are so right!

I guess it really is uneffective advertising if all we remember is how disgusting the commercial is, but not the product name. I couldn't tell you what product either of those companies are trying to sell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home