Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Bit Delayed

If it's not one thing, it's another.

I was rear-ended on my way to work this morning. Hard.

I've got whiplash and pain in my right shoulder and down into my back. I've decided to undergo chiropractic care (like I have the other 2 times I've had whiplash), but I have to say that this is probably the worse it's ever been.

The lady from the body shop where we took Rick's car called today to say that his car was ready to be picked up. We told them that we would just wait until tomorrow and drop mine off to them when we picked up his car. *sigh*

I feel terrible for the lady who hit me. I thought she was seriously injured. I jumped right out of my car, and tried to bust my way into hers before she was able to unlock a door so I could get to her. She just kept crying and saying something about chemotherapy and how she was so sorry. I was finally able to calm her down a little bit and have her move her car to the side of the road. She said that she had been driving in the US for 28 years (she was Indian) and that she had never hurt anyone. I assured her that it's just a car and that it could be fixed. I kept asking her if I needed to call her an ambulance, and she said no. Her back and neck were hurting, too. She said that she didn't want to go to the doctor because she had been in and out of many doctor's offices in the last 2 months going through chemo treatments. She just finished her last one last week, had two days off from work, and was on her way to the court house to update the tags on her car. I shared with her that I completely understood the doctor thing because I had a liver transplant just over a year ago. I pray I showed her empathy. She called her son and he was able to come out and sit with us while we waited on the police to come and file a report. He was a very nice guy about my age. I'm glad he was able to come. She had a look of relief sweep over when she saw his truck pull up.

It's strange the situations that God puts us in sometimes. Pray for this lady, will you? I don't know if you know much about the Indian culture, but women are extremely submissive to their husbands, and this lady shared with me that she was afraid to tell her husband about the accident. I in no way think that indicates abuse of any kind, but it is just a lot of stress on a woman who has apparantly been through a lot of trauma in the last year. She was afraid of totalling her car, which I believe she did. I hope that this doesn't hurt their family too much financially.

Anyway, more on my "faith walk" or whatever you want to call it tomorrow or Thursday. I need to take some ibuprofen.

8 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

It just never seems to end for you Amanda. I am so sorry and we will be praying for both you and the woman. I think you showed Christ to her.

Tony

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I bet you have reached the point where you are waiting to see what is going to happen next. We all have periods like you are going through where it just seems like nothing will go right. But, that doesn't make it any easier.

I'm praying for you and the lady in the other car. It sounds like she also has a lot of adversity in her life at the moment.

Take care of yourself.

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers as well as the other lady.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Greg Morris said...

What an excellent display of Christ's love to the lady who 'rear-ended' you... and it came at a time when you could easily have seen the situation from your perspective only. We could all learn a lot from your attitude in a time of hardship.
Thanks for a great post!
Greg

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger CL said...

Sorry about your accident, I pray God's healing for you and the other person. God bless!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger CL said...

Sorry about your accident, I pray God's healing for you and the other person. God bless!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jana said...

"if it's not one thing, it's another"...such an ultimate truth about life!!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger DigiGirl said...

I rear-ended someone two days ago. My victim was fine, but I did indeed put an end to her rear; To the tune of $5500! That's what insurance is for. And boy, do I have good insurance. Hope you feel better soon.

I was achy the day after the collision, but as soon as Sherry, my victim, told me she felt fine, my aches subsided dramatically. I guess you really can worry yourself sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home