Monday, July 11, 2005

Is it Actually Paying Off?

I've been working out for two months now. Wait. Let me rephrase that.

I've been a member of a gym now for two months. (There. That's better.)

The first month I did really well. Thirty minutes a day, three times a week. Great! The second month I did not-so-great. June was a rough month for me medically, so I think I only ended up working out four or five times. But, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things this month.

I was weighed and measured last week. I've lost 5.25 inches and 2 lbs of body fat since I started two months ago. Yay! I can't tell, though. My clothes aren't any bigger on me and I look the same, but yesterday, someone noticed! Someone who doesn't even know that I've been working out!

So, my goal is to get back down to where I was pre-transplant....that's a whole 25 lbs I need to lose. My eating habits really aren't that bad, so I'm really hoping that just working out and drinking more water will do it for me, or at least do most of it for me.

I'm writing this on my blog hoping that it will help keep me accountable. I could seriously think of an excuse every day to not go work out. I'm tired. I'm recovering from Strept. I'm anemic. Rest is more important right now than exercise. My scar hurts. My liver is sore. I'm feeling a little "off" today and don't want to get sick. (Really, I could do this forever).

Enough of the excuses. I'm tired of being fluffy already.

5 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm routing for you, Amanda. Just take it a step at a time...you aren't in any rush.

My neighbor started working out EVERY SINGLE DAY about 2 months ago. She keeps complaining that she hasn't lost weight. However, the weight is converting to muscle. She looks trimmer and seems to feel better. So, while the scale doesn't show any change, she most certainly IS changing & getting healthier.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Yeah, that's why I like to focus on inches.

The club that I go to also has a machine that measure body fat composition. I've only lost 1 lb according to the scales, but my body fat has gone down by 2 lbs, which means that it's converting to muscle.

I don't care....as long as these inches keep coming off, I'll be thrilled!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Keep up the hard work.

BTW - those fat scales are notoriously inaccurate. Your clothes are the best way to judge if you're losing weight.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger DigiGirl said...

I read the "fluffy" post and i'm not sure the man intended to be mean. I can totally understand why you felt insulted though. It's not something you want or expect to hear from a store clerck.

I think what he meant to say (and perhaps his limited english prevented him from conveying this) is that men waste their time gawking at a standard of beauty that is unattainable, unrealistic, and perhaps unhealthy in most cases; When in reality the true beauty lies within a woman who is confident, real, and doesn't rely on her looks to get her attention. In his mind, I think he meant to say "Forget these stringy, emaciated super models, YOU are the REAL standard of beauty."

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I think you're right. I really don't think he was trying to be mean in anyway, he just made me very uncomfortable by the way he said it. I was really sensitive about my weight at that time, anyway.

I'll have to go back and look, but I think in that "fluffy" post, I mentioned that I kept saying, "he was trying to compliment me," over and over to myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home