Friday, July 22, 2005

I've Been TAGGED!

Thanks a lot, Jana!


Book Tag

1. How many books have I owned?

Too many to count. When I was in college, I discovered Davis Kidd. I would buy $50-60 worth of books every time I went into that blasted store! I have since learned that I cannot walk into a bookstore without breaking the bank, so I don't go unless I either have extra cash to spend on books, a gift card (which I always end up over-spending), or unless I have something specific that I have to get (which means that I always pick up one or two other things while I'm in there).

2. What was the last book you bought?

It's been a while since I've been in a book store. Let me see if I can dredge up some old memory of the last time I bought a book.......My sister bought me The Chronicles of Narnia (the complete series), and I last bought a GRE study guide (does that count??) and Thomas Merton's auto/biography (haven't read it yet) and some other book about a girl who was raised an orthodox Jew and then converted to Christianity.....I don't remember the name of that one, but I did read it soon after I bought it. (See! I told you I couldn't go in and buy just one book!)

3. What was the last book you read?

There are two that I was reading at the same time: Introduction to Proteomics: Tools for the New Biology By Dan Liebler (don't ask) and Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb.

4. What are FIVE books that have meant a lot to you?

Matilda By Ronald Dahl
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb
Introduction to Proteomics: Tools for the New Biology --haha! Just kidding!
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard

Oh! Just five! But I could go on: Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger (Sider) and anything by Henri Nouwen and The Ragamuffin Gospel (Manning) and 10 Lies the Church Tells Women....

Ok. I'll stop.

Other books that I've read a lot: The Babysitters Club series and just about all of the Nancy Drew books.

Tagging:
Andrea
CL
Matt

2 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Debi said...

1. How many books have I owned?

Too many to count, but I recycle them (donate them to the library, or pass them on to friends).

2. What was the last book you bought?

Looking for Peyton Place by Barbara Delinsky. (She's one of my favorite authors.)

3. What was the last book you read?

Looking for Peyton Place by Barbara Delinsky

4. What are FIVE books that have meant a lot to you?

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers;
The Scarlet Letter by Francine Rivers;
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks;
Lake News by Barbara Delinsky; and
The Summer I Dared by Barbara Delinsky

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Book Tag

1. How many books have I owned?

Too many to count. Even in my preteen years I spent all my allowance on books. Recently, with school, I haven't been able to read as much for pleasure, but still try to squeeze a couple in while I am on break.

2. What was the last book you bought?

On Friday I bought BLACK by Ted Dekker. He is a Christian adventure, good verses evil author, whom I have never read. I just started it today.

3. What was the last book you read?

For school this semester I read Other People's Children by Lisa Delpit and Lives on the Boundary by Mike Rose. For pleasure the last book I read was Pastor Joel Osteen's Your Best Life now.

4. What are FIVE books that have meant a lot to you?

The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks

Joel Osteen's book listed above

Tiger Eyes by Judy Bloom

Outer Banks by Anne Rivers Siddons

The Known World by Edward P Jones
_____________________________

I could list MANY MANY more, those are just the first 5 that popped into my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home