Friday, July 08, 2005

Throat Culture Results

My sister thinks I'm the biggest nerd in the world for culturing my own throat. She asked me if I gagged myself with the swab. Only a little......

But I did it. And it was disgusting. I definitely have a Strept infection. I didn't even have to put the slide under the microscope to find out. It was bright pink after I stained it, so I already knew. (Purple bacteria=good; Pink bacteria=bad). But I looked at it under the microscope, anyway, and it was as disgusting as the color indicated.

Guess that means I can start taking the antibiotics now without wondering if I really need them or not....

On another note, I'm working on another blog entry about my transplant. Hopefully I'll be able to post it later this afternoon before I head home for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home