Monday, July 18, 2005

What Are the Odds?

I really never win anything. Really. The coke lids you twist off with a 1:2 chance of winning a free coke? I get nothing.

Rick and I woke up this morning to find that his car had been broken in to. Apparantly, some junkies went wild in west Nashville last night and hit 30 cars. What are the odds that we would be one of them? There are how many people in west Nashville? There are how many cars per home? And out of the 30 they hit last night, ours was one of them? The only one on our street. The only one on our block. They took a lot of his stuff. We figured it's close to $1000 worth of stolen goods/damages. The odds were against us to get robbed, and we still lost!

The cool thing is that they actually sent a guy out to fingerprint it and stuff since so many were hit last night. They didn't get much off of ours, but they did get one print and one partial palm print.

It did give me an excuse to miss a whole day of work. While Rick was in meetings with my car all morning, I was hanging out around the house waiting on various police officers.

Cops said they think it was someone in our neighborhood. There are a couple of houses they're watching because of suspected drug dealings/prostitution. The policeman was nice, though. He assured us that crime in Nashville is going downhill fast, and that the only way to get away from it is to buy a 2-3 mil $$ home on Belle Meade Blvd. We'll be right on that. Puh-leeze!

And we thought we lived in a safe neighborhood....

4 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger CL said...

Sorry to hear about the car, that is pretty frustrating. When you and your husband buy that house on Belle Meade Blvd, let me know. It only takes a few hours to get Nashvegas we can be completely moved in, in no time. ;-)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I hate to tell you the policeman was wrong. I work in Belle Meade and there has been a manhunt going on for almost a year for a very bold thief. He just walks right into houses during the day and steals purses and other easily carried off cash type items. Not been caught and has hit several homes while people were present. There were several articles in the paper about it a few months ago. I think all the focus pushed him into being lower profile though.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT LIVE IN BELLE MEADE. I LIVE IN CRIEVE HALL.

BTW: Thanks for the plug on Weekenders Amanda.

Tony

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Oh how frustrating! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. Sometimes it seems the numbers are stacked against us. Thank heavens the One who matters is for us.

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was affordable, moving out is how ghettos are created.

How does that quote go?? All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men (people) to do nothing.

Being a victim of crime really sucks, as I had the same thing (car vandalism and content theft) happen to me twice in six months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home