Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Blog Hiatus and Other Things

I apologize that I disappeared without explanation. I'm sure you can tell by my last post that I had a lot of things I needed to think through, so, among other things, I have spent the last week doing just that. We are also counting down the days until our lab move, so things at work have been all-consuming for the past week. And school started....kindof. I had a one-day class on Monday that lasted for 10 hours. Needless to say there was no posting that day.

I do want to thank all of you who responded to that last post. I suspect that if more Christians knew that the kind of response they would receive from other Christians would be so full of love, kindess, and encouragement, more of us would start to share more of our "shit." You guys really do mean a lot to me, even if I don't know all of you "in person." It means so much that I am able to come into the blogosphere and vomit all of that stuff out without condemnation. I can't think of a better outlet.

I do have a lot of things that I want to post about. Some of it in regards to yesterday's counselling session (no worries....nothing so traumatic this time), and I really, really want to finish up my testimony. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on that one, and I assume it will only take another 2-4 posts to finish it up (or at least to get it up-to-date). Sing with me now, He's still workin' on me, to make me what I ought to be......

7 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Natalie Brooke said...

Oh girl...I feel ya on the lab move. Our lab moved twice when I was working at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation.

Glad you're working through everything. Still praying for you. Talk to you later.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Welcome back! I've missed you and can't wait to hear the continuation of your story (ooh -- God thing: I just blogged about "our story" today!) At least we all know that yours has a happy ending, in that you have a continued faithfulness to God as well as a powerful testimony to His power. Thank you again for sharing it with all of us!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger CL said...

Amanda,

I really appreciate you sharing your last post. I think you hit it on the head more of us need to be willing to share. I believe God has called us to be that honest with each other. If we can't say stuff like that to each other then we are all in a lot of trouble. I mean I know we all share things honestly with God (at least I hope we do) we have to also be able to "bear each others burdens" as well. God bless you girl!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I was gettting a little worried. Welcome back. Work too has me slammned and I only need one more post to finish my story, but can't get the time to write.

Tony

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger steve said...

God Bless!

If you get a chance could you please say a prayer for a little girl named "Rebekah" who has cancer. God knows who you will be praying about! Thank you so much!

Trying to rally some good Christian Prayer for her and her family!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Kristal said...

Dear Amanda,

I have been a secret reader for a couple of months now, and your blog has quickly become a favorite! I just wanted to let you know how encouraged I am by your story and how REAL you are. Thank you. May God bless you, and I can't wait to hear more of His story for you.

Kristal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home