Friday, September 02, 2005

The Cruise

I don't really have a lot to say about it just yet. We were effected by the hurricane since our original port was out of New Orleans. It's surreal to me to think that I got some of the last pictures of New Orleans in it's "normal" state. And to see picures of the Convention Center and the dead bodies. I was just there.

But today, I'm tired. I hurt all over. My kidneys are killing me.....killing me. I came home with a fever last night and went right to bed. Luckily, that is gone today, but something has got to be done about this low back/kidney pain.

I'm not supposed to get blood work done for another couple of weeks, but I'm thinking of moving it up. Somethin' just ain't right. Maybe I picked up some weird bug in Mexico.......

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I am so glad you all were safe. I worried about you, knowing you were out at sea when the storm hit. I know you must be very disappointed that it wasn't the cruise of your dreams.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

NO!! You do NOT need any weird bugs! I will pray that your insides are simply weary (would they hurt that bad if they were weary? I do sometimes!) Glad you're back (relatively) safe, though!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Andrea,

It wasn't too bad. I don't want to make it sound like we had a terrible time, because we didn't. We were able to relax, but it wasn't what we thought it would be. There were a lot of people on our ship from New Orleans and the Gulf area, so the mood really turned somber once we headed for home.

All this means is that we're going to have to take another cruise sometime that isn't during hurricane season. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home