Monday, September 05, 2005

Yet Another Blog about Katrina

I'm jumping on the bandwagon for a moment.....

I am sick and tired of reading blogs by Christians and posts in Christian forums about how God sent the hurricane to NOLA to punish the sinners.

Was/Is there rampant sin in NOLA? Yes! But is that any different than Anywhere Else, USA? Hell, no! If God were to send down Hurricane Katrina-caliber natural disasters to punish sin, there would be no more world left. It would be over. Done with. We would all be gone.

Don't put yourself up on a pedestal just because you were spared from this natural disaster. You deserved it, too. We all did.

Edit: If you would like some first-hand information about what's going on on the Gulf Coast, especially in regards to evangelism and needs, check out JD's blog, Out Here Hope Remains. He is a minister at a Gulf Coast church. If you would like something tangible to donate to rather than the Red Cross, this would be a great place to start. Their needs seem insurmoutable at the moment. I'm itching to get down there and help.....

6 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Lori Ann said...

I couldn't agree more. Give me a break, If any town was headed for Gods wrath Portland would be in the running!
Sorry, just had to day that.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

ROFL!!!

Thanks for the laugh, Lori Ann. :o)

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are people actually writing that garbage? How can they claim to be Christian?

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Debi said...

I agree with 'anonymous'! Glad I haven't run across any of those sites.

I can't believe that people who claim to be Christians would write such garbage. We all need to humble ourselves.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

You speak the truth, my friend. I am also tired of hearing people complain that it is a racial thing. Also, that President Bush didn't care. It doesn't matter WHAT happens in this nation, even a natural disaster turns into a political agenda.

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous kp said...

I'm just now getting to read this part of your blog, but I share your frustration...somebody actually told my wife and I that very thing!! I was astounded! Here we lost everything we own and somebody is telling me it is God's wrath??? Did God's wrath destroy the church we went to as well? Grrrr...

ok, I am over myself...thanks for letting me vent, Amanda!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home