Tuesday, November 22, 2005

More Things You Don't Know About Me

I could do a "Things I'm Thankful For" post, but it seems to me that everyone is thankful for the same things, so I couldn't be orginal in that. So, just for the fun of it, here's some more things you don't know about me.

1. I have a scar on my neck from when I was little and got caught on an electrical barbed-wire fence. I was actually caught on the barb and it took two boys to pull me off. (Yowzers!)

2. I'm not sure that science is where I'm supposed to be. I have a nagging feeling that I'm going to get my master's degree and then decide to "be" something else.

3. I'm good at a lot of things, but not really "great" at anything.

4. I can be really, really shy.

5. I can be really loud and obnoxious.

6. I wish I was an athlete.

7. I'm afraid of having kids (for many, many reasons).

8. I like to cross stitch.

9. I've wanted to write a book since I was in the 5th grade.

10. I started writing a book in 5th grade, but never finished it.

11. I owe a boy a dollar because I never finished that book.

12. When I was little, I used to write letters back and forth with my great-grandmother even though she just lived 15 minutes away and I saw her all the time. She died when I was in high school.

13. I still really, really miss my great-grandmother.

14. I had 10-15 pen pals when I was younger and I still have all of the letters that they wrote to me.

15. I started college thinking I was going to be a pharmacist.

16. I changed my major after a semester of organic chemistry.

17. I could totally be a beach bum.

18. I have the ability to strike up closer friendships with people that are much older than me than with people my own age.

19. Rick and I met at Starbucks. (okay, so some of you may have known that)

20. I can play the bells, the xylophone, cymbals, the piano, and the oboe, but I only miss the piano.

8 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I love the oboe. I think it sounds beautiful.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Natalie Brooke said...

really? didn't know that! (i thought that would be a good general response, haha)

How are you?!

I too have better friendships/relationships with those that are older than me. I don't know why that is? I think that they just seem to be a little more settled and more mature sometimes, i guess. We tend to have more in common and the conversation alot more like conversation than short talk.

Anyways...thought i'd say hi since i come in and out of this bloggin world. i have to hand it to you. you are good at staying consistent with your blogging. i feel like sometimes the last thing i have time for is to write on my blog. and when i do write, it's not as interesting as other's (like yours).

Have a good day and great thanksgiving. What are you doing for the holiday? I'm going to wynnewood, oklahoma to have a good ol' redneck thanksgiving...i should post about that. it would make people laugh!

talk to you later girl. nat

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Natalie Brooke said...

**also left you a comment on your last entry "church-goers"

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff to learn about you............
Regarding the writing part: I'm not surprised. God has placed that gift in you, and your blog is a trial run for the great books "lurking" in you. :)

At this season, I am thankful for you and for all the experiences and insights you share. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Are you making fun of my "Things I am Thankful Blog?" Saying I'm not original, huh?

:oD

Very neat factoids about you....some of them I knew, many I did not.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your trip!!!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

LOL, No, Andrea.

I don't know many people who would be thankful that they're going to be a teacher......

:oP

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Jana said...

You're just a regular one-woman-band, Amanda!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ax said...

One of my secret facts...

Sometimes I eat a yogurt just so I can give the empty container to my dog so I can watch her play with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home