Friday, December 02, 2005

Pressure

Why is it that I let pressure get to me before it even gets here?

Work is about to start piling up. It's not piling up yet, and it won't even pile up in the next week or so, but it will soon after, and I'm already stressed about something that isn't going to start happening for another couple of weeks.

Even worse, as long as I do things right (without procrastinating and by taking my time) it probably won't even pile up. I'll probably knock things out one at a time, and hit my goal of accomplishing a certain amount of my research project by the first of 2006.

But I'm stressed out at the thought of possibly being stressed out.

I'm a terrible procrastinator. (I just learned that's yet another symptom of depression, which I think I have, even though that's another blog post....) Instead of using the last week to take my time and get everything together so that I could make a big order for supplies that I need for this experiment, I waited until today. Why did I do that? Most of the week I've been sitting at my computer playing computer games and avoiding writing on my blog, I could have researched one product a day and had it ready to go yesterday, but no. That's too easy.

What is wrong with me???

4 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Tammy M. said...

I am either a procrastinator or obsessive, I go back in between the two, I try and stay on the obsessive side because then my to do list gets done. When I find myself procrastinating, I have normally exerted about 10 times the energy thinking about the procrastination than whatever it is I that am not doing would take to do. And that makes me even more crazy, which is why I try my best to be obsessive. Good luck with your big job, stay on top of it.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I know some silent places to go to in Nashville Amanda.

Tony

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

There is nothing wrong with you, Amanda. I am the same way. With my school work, housework, most anything I put it off until the last minute.

I spend WAY too much time playing games online. I think I like the idle state it puts my brain into. I quit worrying and just drift away in the game. Probably sounds silly, but I guess it can be a form of escape.

As I've mentioned before...I have PMDD---it has the same symptoms as depression. It just hits for a week or two out of the month.

You need to talk to a doctor. You've got a lot going on & may be able to get some help.

But, also, sometimes we just have to accept some of our own personality traits. I KNOW I will put a project off until the last minute, so I plan to devote time the day before it is due to get it done.

Sometimes I feel really lazy, but for the most part I think it is just me. I can get very motivated...it just doesn't happen until it HAS to.

Please don't feel bad about yourself. Especially your lack of blogging. It is here as a release. Sometimes, we need to escape even that for a time. You know I did that a few months back.

Chin up, girl. You've got a lot to be proud of. Focus on those things.

{{{ HUGS }}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home