Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Very Interesting Blog

I was site-surfing a little yesterday and got caught on a blog. I couldn't pull myself away from it.

If you live in Nashville, if you are interested in homeless ministry, or if your church works with Room in the Inn, you will want to read this blog.

A homeless man started this blog several years ago. As of today, he has had an apartment for about 4 months. There are so many things that facinate me about this man's story. I love the way he praises Room in the Inn. It's very interesting to hear the wonderful things about this program from a homeless person. It's also very interesting to me how he talks about all of the problems with The Nashville Rescue Mission. And the problems of chronic homelessness in Nashville.

But even more than that, this post got me. I swear I know the guy in the picture captioned "homeless Mike." I remember his face so clearly and his voice as he tried to sing "Amazing Grace." And I remember his name. I asked him after the worship service what his name was, and he answered, "Michael." I said, "Like the angel" and his face absolutely lit up. It's strange that those pictures were taken in Wisconsin, but I guess it is possible that he's moved up there by now. It's been several years since I've seen him.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger thehomelessguy said...

Thank you for the kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home