Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Back in the Swing of Things

I'm still trying to recoup from all of the time off from the holidays. It's been much more difficult than I had imagined.

Last week was actually my first full week since before Christmas, but even then it wasn't a "full week." I had a dentist appointment on Monday. I need to learn that having a transplant means a lot more than just being sick all of the time. I have to be much more careful about my teeth and gums. My teeth are great (never had a cavity....yet!), and my gums have always been great, but I had problems this time. I had a bacterial infection in portions of my gums. It is just the normal bacteria that everyone has in their mouth, but I have to remember that my body can't fight it to keep it at a minimum as everyone else's bodies can do. I didn't go back to work after my appointment. The procedure wasn't too terrible, but I still have a bruise on my left cheek where the hygenist got a little overly-excited and apparantly thought that my cheek could stretch out to three times it's normal size. Well, it can't. And I'm still bruised. I have to go back next month and have a check up to make sure that the infection is gone, but I don't imagine any more problems.

Tuesday was another short day because of my Tuesday group. We're still trying to get our numbers back up from after the holidays. Hopefully today will be back to normal.

Thursday I got very sick and didn't work at all. I don't know what happened, but it sucked. I was fine on Friday.

So, all of that means that I had to work both Saturday and Sunday to try to make up my time. And that still didn't make up all of my time. I have been working almost 10 hour days trying to get everything back in order. Now, I am within 2 hours of having all of my time made up, but it's only Tuesday. I could get sick again and then I'll be back in the hole. I really need to keep more than a 0 balance of sick hours......

I am teaching a lecture at Lipscomb next Friday on Luke/Acts. I really need to work on what I'm going to talk about.....

There really isn't much going on in my life right now. Classes have started and I'm trying to adjust to my new schedule, but other than that I've just been really, really busy. Hopefully things will slow down again soon and I can have more time to think about meaningful things to write about on this blog. I know it sucks to read it right now. :o)

Have a great day, everyone!

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I hope that this week sees your life slow down a little bit, and I hope you have some time to recuperate from a holiday hangover.

Still Reading and Praying,
Matt

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

It has been hard for me to get back to normal as well. Classes started back last week, but I'm still just sort of....BLAH! January is historically my least favorite month of the year. I think it is the letdown after Christmas, the cold & dark days, and everyone getting sick. It just always seems like January is the month that will never end......

I hope things get back to normal for you soon.

{{{ HUGS }}}

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jana said...

You're teaching a lecture?!? What?!? Hello PROFESSOR!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home