Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Great Day!

Note: I actually wrote and attempted to publish this post yesterday, only to learn that all-of-a-sudden I can't use Safari to publish posts in blogger. I can't believe that Blogger is a Google product and they're supporting Windows more than Macs!


So, I woke up this morning with one thing on my mind. My donor letter. Today was the day. I was going to get a shower and head straight to Green Hills to write it. So, that's what I did. Only, when I got there, I ran into a friend whom I haven't seen in two years. Of course, we had to catch up. After half an hour of chatting and exchanging phone numbers, we decided that we both had work to do, so I moved to the end of the table where we were sitting. That's when I saw him. The most beautiful man alive today. He was walking in the front door. I looked back over at my friend and starting mumbling "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh......look who just walked in!" Of course, she had no idea who I was talking about so I whispered very loudly, KEITH URBAN!!!! She still didn't know who he was, so I turned around to point him out when I saw HER. I couldn't believe who was with him! Of course I knew they were dating, but what is the odds of running into the two of them here in Nashville? So, I turned back around to her and shrieked, NICOLE KIDMAN is with him! That's when she said very calmly, "Yup, that's Nicole." By this time I had the attention of several people in the back room, so they're all looking at me going, "Who? Where!?" Most of them just let their jaws drop, but I ever-so-proudly picked my jaw up off of the floor and went over and asked for their autographs. Okay, so maybe more tentatively and very shyly than proudly, but I did get their autographs. That is the first time in my life I've ever asked someone for their autographs, much less two people as HUGE as Keith Urban and his monstrously famous girlfriend. Keith was even nice enough to talk to me for a few minutes. And, yes, ladies, he is just as hot in person as he is on TV. And she is very, very tall. She's gotta be pushing 6 feet (hummm...or maybe she had heels on....didn't think about that....)

I expected them to grab some coffee and leave, but they didn't. They came right into the back room and sat down very, very close to me. I knew that my day was blown. There was no way I was going to be able to write something as serious as my donor letter when Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman were sitting directly across from me. I tried not to stare at them for 5 or 10 minutes when I decided that I was not going to be writing any letter today, so I packed up my stuff and headed to work. I still don't think that anyone else in the back room realized who they were sharing space with.....except for my friend and the other people that were sitting at the table with us, but, unlike me, they decided to not act like a shmuck in front of two celebrities.

But I've got something they don't have: autographs!

12 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Debi said...

That is SO cool Amanda! Keith Urban sure is a hottie! You'll remember that forever.

I had a "celebrity" run-in too. Several years ago, my husband and I were at a gas station pumping gas, when a black Suburban pulled up. Out came Steven Tyler from Aerosmith! (He's from the New England area and has been spotted many times in the area I ran into him.) He even came over to my car, leaned into the passenger window and asked us for directions. I was still in shock that Steven Tyler was leaning into MY car asking ME for directions. Of course I gave him directions, but was too nervous and "star struck" to ask for his autograph.

My husband noticed his "ultra cool" TAG Heuer watch (that's a guy for ya!) but I noticed that he had real nice hair .. and was wearing his famous scarf.

Yep, that made my day ... Glad to hear Keith and Nicole made your day! :-)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I didn't know that you were a paparazzi in training.

Only kidding. I have never seen a celebrity of that magnitude (let alone two of them). I like to pretend that I wouldn't be star-struck, but I probably would be nonetheless.

Anyway, it is good to hear from you; you hadn't posted in over a week, and I began to get worried something was amiss.

Peace,
Matt

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Tammy M. said...

Glad all is well with you. I feel your pain on the Mac thing. It took me 2 days to figure out it was just me not anyone else that was having problems. I downloaded that firefox, moozilla thing and now it is working great. Love Mac, wish the rest of the world did too.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

What a thrill it must have been!!! I told my stepdaughter (who is 13) and she said she would have fainted. LOL

You'll get that letter done one day. Obviously, that was just not the right time. God had to send in 2 megastars to distract you. :-D

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jana said...

The back room of WHERE, Amanda?!?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Malia said...

I'm guessing Starbucks...the most famous person I've seen in there was Phil Bredeson and I had to resist the urge to say 'Elo guvnah while I walked by! That is just TOO cool. This is the second blog post in a week that I've seen a Keith/Nicole Green Hills siting on. Man, I gotta hang out there more...I guess my pediatrician's office doesn't get the good celebrity action...that's pretty much the only place in Green Hills that I go to anymore. I still get all dopey when I since Vince and/or Amy, I'd probably outright faint if I saw those two!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

For all those not Nashville natives, I will clue you in on a simple, unwritten rule.

Don't let your jaws drop, call attention to, or ask autgraphs from the local star life. It is why they feel so comfortable in public in Nashville. Act like you have seen them before.

Of course this admonition is meant in a light hearted manner, but is kinda the un-written rule of Nashville. Don't hound the stars :-).

So Amanda, does Rick mind not being the best looking guy in your eyes? Ha ha.

One of my coolest encounters of my life in Nashville was having a brew with Steve Winwood. Other encounters: Eric Clapton, Don Henley, Faith Hill, delivered flowers to Ronnie Milsap(it was my job), sitting in on a recording session by Dan Seals of Seals and Crofts, talking with Adrian Belew, several meetings with Joe Bonamassa. When I was young, you would see Sara Cannon (Minnie Pearl) everywhere in Green Hills--post office, H.G. Hills, etc. and she spoke to everyone.

OK, enough name dropping. Nashville is a cool place.

Tony

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you posted the full story because I was way intrigued by your comment on my blog.

That is so cool!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

The sad thing is that I know that unwritten rule about star sightings!

But I completely made a fool out of myself this time.

I've seen Tim and Faith and a lot of the Titans players and some of the guys from Nickel Creek around quite often......but I totally let my guard down on this one.

*sigh*

But I do have more news....I'm not naming my contact, but I'm going to meet Sara Evans soon. I'll stay cool on this one, though.....

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

Well we all have our weak moments.

Tony

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Hey Amanda!!!

I didn't even read your whole post....I got to the Mac thing and stopped there.

A few things, I am a Mac lover and use Safari with no problem posting to blogger. Also, if you have the correct OS with the widgets, I actually post right from my widget desktop and don't go into blogger.com.

I have learned to love Safari and have a hard time when I have to use other browsers. If you need more info, hopefully you still have my email, otherwise, post me a followup and I'd be glad to help. I am a bit of a Mac geek, used them since the begining...meaning before Microsoft! ha...

By the way, nice to see you and to be back.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger CL said...

That is so funny, man. Good story, yeah that Keith Urban, whew! Just kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home