Thursday, February 02, 2006

The World is Spinning

And so am I!

I can't believe how fast my life is moving right now. It feels like Monday to me and it's already Thursday. I hate living like this.

I've realized that I'm a thinker. I like to think about the big picture of life and really spend time at least each week, but more like nearly every day, thinking about some of the little (or big things) that God does in my life and how that relates to the way in which I practice my faith. I didn't realize how much I actually do this until the last couple of weeks when I have no time to do it.

Daily life is now consumed by work and classes, and the tiny mundane things in life that take up too much time. Like doing laundry. Is doing laundry work? No, not really. More like mindless labor, but it still takes away from what little free time I have now to think of the big picture.

Classes and work do that, too. In an odd sense of irony, I spend my days working on the tiniest of God's creation. This leaves me no time to think about the big picture.

I'm about 3 weeks in to the semester, and I'm already thinking that if I don't get a break soon, I'm gonna crack. My introverted side seriously needs some time alone.

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I hear ya Amanda. I often get that way myself, with the kids, school, work, etc etc.

We are going to the beach with the kids this weekend. I've already told my family that I need just a little alone time while we are there. A stroll along the beach, an hour watching the waves from the balcony, 30 minutes beside the pool...

I don't care I just need some quiet time to S L O W D O W N.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I'm with you Amanda. I can't seem to keep up with things right now.

Tony

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Tammy M. said...

Amanda you have been tagged! Click Here Updates on Jack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home