Monday, May 22, 2006

This could be ironic

I saw a spot on the news last week that really peaked my interest. I don't know why we were watching the 10pm news, we never do. Rick thinks the news is too depressing, and I tend to agree. But, for whatever reason, we were watching the news.

A spot came on about the National Transplant Games. Instantly, I was enthralled. I had no idea these things existed. The National Transplant Games were originally started by the National Kidney Foundation in order to raise awareness about organ donation, but specifically to honor the families of those who have donated organs. I could totally do that. So, I hopped on Google and found the site for the games and found the local contact person.

Unfortunately, registration for the games has passed, but he's checking with national to see if I can still participate. Who knows what will happen. I am excited, though. Even if I can't participate this year, I will be able to next year. These games are made up of people who have had solid organ transplants and the games range from ping pong and bowling to more active sports like swimming, typical track and field games, and basketball. I keep thinking about how ironic it would be if I were able to participate and get to play on the state transplant basketball team. We would compete on national, and possibly even international, levels. I may be getting the cart before the horse, but I'm amazed at the possibility that God could have worked in my life in this way. I was jerked off of a team that I loved that really stood for nothing in high school to possibly play for a team that really means something as an adult.

Again, I know at this point that this is all wishful thinking. But, I can't help but believe that God is in there somewhere. This would really help me get my story "out there" and tell many others about how God has worked in my life thus far. We'll see what happens. But until I get the official news, I'm going to remain hopeful.

5 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That IS ironic -- and would be amazing. I'm glad you are so excited about it! What a meaningful team to be a part of!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Tony Arnold said...

God will open the doors for you when your heart is desiring to do good.

Tony

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Prayers for you, Amanda. And ... I don't think it was an 'accident' you just happend to be watching the 10 p.m. news that evening. God was in that.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

That is so awesome! Isn't it incredible the way God works in our lives---usually when we least expect it.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you in so many different ways. :-)

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Spellerman said...

Things like that can PIQUE (not peak) one's curiosity...

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home